Fibromyalgia is a syndrome that makes life horrible. There are a lot of harsh changes that a fibromyalgia patient has to make like living a life with severe pain or some people who are bedridden due to this syndrome have to live like this and sometimes it seems like there is no hope in finding the real cause of it.
It is not known that what is it and what are the causes of this syndrome. However, we do know that it is a horrible syndrome that has a lot of symptoms. Many of its symptoms are similar to other diseases’ symptoms. So people get misdiagnosed with other conditions like lupus, depression, etc.
Researchers have found some things that may contribute to the development of fibromyalgia. The risk factors include:
- Poor sleeping patterns due to which people feel even worse and cause symptoms of fatigue that are found in fibromyalgia patients also.
- No proper functioning of neurotransmitters can cause this syndrome also. The neurotransmitters do not work properly, as the pain signals sent to the brain are not received properly due to which brain perceive pain more severely, in case of fibromyalgia.
- Other neurotransmitters can cause fibromyalgia too. It is found that the serotonin levels are low in people with fibromyalgia due which fatigue, depression, and pain also occurs.
- Role of genetics can also involve in fibromyalgia occurrence. Studies show that some genes are present in hum body which appears to be related to fibromyalgia.
- Some traumatic events in one’s life can cause fibromyalgia too. Some people believe that some events like giving birth; living in an abusive relationship or having an accident can trigger fibromyalgia too.
A lot of ways are there to treat fibromyalgia but there isn’t any way to cure this syndrome. There are some treatments that have proved to be effective but some treatments seem to be effective for a few people only.
Following are some treatments that people can have access to:
Some treatments are approved by FDA or there are some treatments for separate symptoms. Lyrica, Cymbalta, and Savella have FDA-approved drugs and only Savella is the medication that is created for the purpose of treating fibromyalgia patients.
It is found that these medications alleviate pain, depression, and stress but it is also true that it is not known how these medications work. In addition to this, it is also known that there are some serious side effects of these drugs too. As these medications seem similar to anti-depressants, so suicidal thoughts and insomnia can develop too.
Sometimes, it gets hard for some people to exercise while having fibromyalgia, but exercising and physical therapy can improve pain and enhance the spirit. So, it is important to attend some sessions of physical therapy to see whether you can do it or not.
This therapy takes a maximum of 10 minutes session. In this therapy, the muscles are relaxed and pain is relieved.
One of the best treatments for many fibromyalgia symptoms is medical marijuana which is available in 23 states of America. Moreover, fibromyalgia symptoms can get better with certain herbs, massages, and a healthy diet.
Tai Chi has been used for health benefits. This is a therapy in which slow and firm movements are done for stretching the body, controlling your mind, thoughts, and breathing, and making the spiritual power of the body well.
People with fibromyalgia, who have tried Tai Chi for their treatment say that they have felt that the severity of pain and symptoms got lesser. They believed that this exercise has proved to be effective in lessening pain, having a better quality sleep as well.
A lot of studies show that people who used Tai Chi as a treatment showed effective results after some weeks. You should try this under the supervision of a specialized person.
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs